Most of the blog posts document ROSS features, which are organized into category here. See the list of announcements for time-specific postings.
- Building a Model with ROSS
- ROSS Installation with Spack
- Manual ROSS Installation
- Building and Running ROSS on CCI Blue Gene/Q
- Running the Simulator
These posts are aimed at new model developers, including those new to discrete-event simulations. They discuss best practices for designing and building new models.
Once you are knee deep building models, you might have many unanswered questions. If that is your case, this FAQ comes to your rescue. (Note: there are many, many more unanswered questions in the wild. If you find any, please ping us!)
These posts describe features of ROSS that model developers can take advantage of. New features can be requested through GitHub Issues.
- LP and PE Mappings
- Default Clock: Get-Time-of-Day
- Delta Encoding
- LP Printing with tw_output
- TW_STIME API: User Defined Simulation Time
- Optimistic Parameters
- Optimistic Realtime Scheduler
- Random Numbers
- Instrumentation Overview
- Real Time Sampling
- GVT-based Sampling
- Virtual Time Sampling
- Event Tracing
- Data Sample Format
- In Situ Analysis and Visualization with Damaris
- Streaming Data with Damaris
- Simulation Engine Metrics Descriptions
ROSS Core Development
These posts do a deep-dive into the ROSS code. The discuss some of the conventions, best practices, and other hacks that exist in the code base.